"I do not just want to read books; I want to climb inside them and live there." -Anonymous

March 8, 2012

Thursdays Thoughts!! Thoughts and Prayers


http://www.clarkredcross.org/



Last Friday March 2nd, Tornadoes developed and destroyed many homes, business's and unfortunately lives.  This was a powerful storm and I hope we do not see any more super cell storms.

My heart goes out to everyone affected by these tornadoes.  I live in Southern Indiana, and I was at work (aftercare program) when the storms came. I am thankful that several parents chose to stay in the basement of our church to wait out the storm. One of my students was picked up early because of the storm coming. Him and  his mother were traveling up HWY 65 and saw the tornado, and debris, glass flying. She fortunately was able to turn around and come back and stay with us in the basement.  She was shaking and in tears after witnessing it first hand. She said it was unbelievable. It was huge.

Where I work we are only miles away from the hard hit Henryville, IN. We have families who attend our school from Henryville, Marysville, and surrounding areas. Several families from our school has close family and friends who lost their homes or had extensive damage to their property. One family in our school did lose their home and thankfully no one was hurt. I have a girl who use to be in my preschool/aftercare. Her and her mother stopped by to see me. Her family live in Henryville and she attends the High School. They are  okay and their home suffered minor damage. The girl and her friends are safe and waiting to hear when they will be able to go back to school. One person I work with lost her brother in law. My good friends husband coaches with the husband whose wife lost her legs protecting her children. I have a couple of children who are close friends of the children. Everyone from this area has a story to tell .

I am not originally from this area I moved here 14 years ago.  I have met a lot of great people that have livid here for generations. Everyone here is doing what they can to help. Our New Albany Deanery is looking at helping those affected immediately and long term. Long term will be needed  after all outside help has left.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all.

Please consider donating to the American Red Cross, to help all Tornado victims.
Here is our local chapters link


http://www.clarkredcross.org/



Thanks and God Bless,

Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment