"I do not just want to read books; I want to climb inside them and live there." -Anonymous

April 14, 2012

Book reviews of Pure and Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Jennifer L. Armentrout, another awesome author I found while browsing for a book to read on my Nook. I have read all her books from her Covenant Series and her Lux Series. Love them!!
Check out all her books at:
http://jenniferarmentrout.blogspot.com/




Pure(Covenant #2)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
YA
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Pub. Date: April 3, 2012
Pages: 329
Raring: ♥♥♥♥♥




Summary~from the book cover~


There is need...and then there is Fate
Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes.  Seth's in her training room, outside her class, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool.  Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden.  Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.
When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate ant threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon...and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude...or killing her.
When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.


Review:


I so need the next book, Deity.  I want it  NOW!! What an ending!! I laughed, I cried, found myself holding my breath, I even banged my head with the book and talked out loud when frustrated or mad (I think my family is getting use to my outburst with great books). Now I do not know who I want Alex to end up with. I grew to love Seth! My heart is broken in two for Aiden and Seth.
I feel that Alex is a strong girl. I really like her.  She's a girl doing the best she can with, what life has dealt her. I just want her to be happy. She has so many obstacles in her way and major choices to make, it seems impossible. She is in love with Aiden who is a Pure. There are serious consequences for a half blood to be involved with a Pure. She is emotionally connected with Seth, who comes off as a jerk a lot of the time, then ends up being there for her when she needs it most. And the Council (which most of them do not like half bloods) puts Alex on trial, to question her involvement with the increase daimon attacks.

I own the eBook versions of  Daimon and Half Blood. I love the Covenant Series and I love the art work on the covers. I had to buy them to add to my book shelf.
 Covenant Series~Beautiful Book Covers♥
Can't wait to add Deity to my collection
                                                              
                                                                         
                                                                              ♦♦♦♦




Shadows (Lux #0.5)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
YA
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC
Pub. Date: February 20, 2012
eBook
Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥




Summary ~ from Barnes & Noble~


The Last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams.  As a Luxen, an alien life form on earth, human girls are...well, fun.  But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.  Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.
Bethany can't deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson.  And even though boys aren't a complication she wants, she can't stay away from him.  Still, whenever they lock eyes, she's drawn in. Captivated, Lured, Loved.
Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can't stop risking everything for one human girl.  Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.


Review:


A great novella / prequel to Obsidian. I am so glad that Jennifer wrote Dawson and Bethany's story. Humor, suspense and emotional. Knowing the outcome, did make it difficult for me to read because I so wanted a happy ending for them. Yes, I was sad, I just love them as a couple. I instantly loved Dawson. He is so sweet and a great brother. Bethany is a nice girl and loves her little brother. They both have a lot in common but yet are so different. Getting to know Dawson and Bethany, and learning more about their story, helped me to understand Daemon's reactions to Katy in Obsidian. I now have several theories about this story and where it is going. I hope a couple of my theories are right.
                                               




                                                                            ♦♦♦♦








1 comment:

  1. Pure seems an amazing book!! And i love a book with a strong heroine.
    Ugh I can't wait to read it!!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    Ella
    Read Into Hiding

    ReplyDelete