"I do not just want to read books; I want to climb inside them and live there." -Anonymous

May 12, 2012

The Chosen Soul Series by Heather Killough-Walden

The Chosen Soul (The Chosen Soul #1)
by Heather Killough-Walden
17& up
Publisher: HRKW
Pub. Date: April 22, 2011
eBook
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥




Summary: ~ from B&N~

It was dark and stormy night when the Stranger came to call. Sarah Grey's second child was breached; the twin was going to die.
The Stranger offered help.
Twenty years later, Raven Grey, the second twin born on that fated night, is now an extraordinary beautiful woman. With a gift.
But what is the price to pay for that gift?
If Raven and her brother cannot escape the handsome and powerful elf prince, outwit the dark and dangerous bounty hunter, and defeat the ancient, mighty Death Mage - Raven is sure to learn just what that price is.
And pay dearly.


My Review:

In her book The Chosen Soul, Raven is extremely beautiful and has several men wanting to marry her. She does not have any interest in them at all. This angers them. The three of them decide to capture her and rape her. Her twin brother Loki tries to help her and Raven and Loki are beat up by the men. Raven becomes angry and curses them. Because of what happens next Loki and Raven leave town and through their journey they find out more about themselves. Heather Killough-Walden is one of  several authors I keep a eye on. Her books have never disappointed me. She does a wonderful job writing stories I can easily be transported in. Raven is a character who has to go through a lot to find out who she is and who she wants to be. I find that she can seem to be a weak character, but I feel this is necessary for the character to develop. At the end of this book the story did end abruptly for me. I wanted to know more. I was very glad to find out months later that there was a second book written, that I can read more of Ravens journey.

                                                                ❖❖❖❖


Drake of Tanith (The Chosen Soul #2)
by Heather Killough-Walden
Publisher: HRKW
Pub. Date: December 22, 2011
eBook
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥½




Summary:

Eons ago, the darkly handsome and in famous bounty hunter Drake of Tanith turned his back on his diabolical heritage in favor of freedom from the infernal influences of his kind. But now his indomitable father has delivered the worst kind of ultimatum: He must give up his soul and return to the life he left behind - or he must give up his love.
In the ultimate race against time Drake struggles to save both himself and the woman he cherishes from the razor-sharp clutches of the man he hates. Will he succeed in his battle against assassins, devils, and gods? Or will he lose to the one he despises the only thing he has ever held dear?


My Review: 


I like that The Chosen Soul series has me thinking about what is good and what is evil. If good can become evil then evil can become good. Just like Raven and Loki's last name Grey, good and evil can fall into shades of grey. Learning more about Drake and about the different beings in this story was a lot to take in. I had many questions of why and how, but I still enjoyed the story development. Raven is still working on accepting her self and in doing so is becoming stronger.  I hope with the third book she will have more self confidence in herself and I will get more answers to what I struggled with understanding. I am very curious how everything will play out and I can't wait to read more.

The Wild Hunt ( The Chosen Soul, #3) is scheduled to be released in October 2012


http://www.goodreads.com/series/77355-the-chosen-soul






No comments:

Post a Comment