"I do not just want to read books; I want to climb inside them and live there." -Anonymous

May 28, 2012

The Souls Mark: Found by Ashley Stoyanoff


Goodreads
The Soul's Mark: FOUND
by Ashley Stoyanoff
YA Paranormal Romance
Published by: Ashley Stoyanoff Books
eBook
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥½






Summary ~ from goodreads~

Anxious to leave her destructive past behind, Amelia Caldwell moves to Willowberg, excited for a fresh start. Once there, she discovers that her birthmark is more than it seems. She has been marked by a vampire's soul. Not only does she hold his soul, but Amelia is also his soul-mate.
After almost a century of searching for his soul-mate, Mitchell Lang fears the worst--he is going to lose Amelia to another man. His heart takes over, and his impulsive decision to take away her free will and to intensify their bond quickly turns her growing love to hate.
When they become trapped in the emotional rollercoaster of their souls' bond, open conflict erupts. Amelia has no intentions of belonging to anyone, not even her soul-mate, and Mitchell refuses to let her go.
While she frantically searches for a way to escape his grasp, Amelia unlocks the painful memories of her past and uncovers a powerful secret. But before she has a chance to explore her new found edge, she finds herself caught in the middle of a deadly game of revenge and is forces to realize that YOU CANNOT RUN FROM DESTINY.

My Review:

Four and a half stars! Ashley Stoyanoff does a wonderful job creating this paranormal romance.  It has me question, "Is it a good, or bad thing to have a soul mate?"
Amelia finds her soul mate, embraces destiny, makes life changing decisions and sees things are not all black and white. With her personal tragedies she has endured and tough choices to be made, Amelia grows into a strong female character. Mitchell Lang has spent years trying to find Amelia. He's had many years of struggle trying to connect with his soul-mate. Even though they are destined to be together there is no immediate happy ending. Like all great and strong relationships, both of them have to want to work on accepting and trusting each other. I love how Amelia and Mitchell struggled and argued about their thoughts, feelings and differences and they never gave up.
I really love the characters in this story and I felt a connection to several of them. I wish I had some of them as friends/family. I developed  mixed emotions with several characters, this kept me on edge, (which is a good thing). The main characters had back stories, which gave them more depth and gave me an understanding for them. I like the splashes of humor written in with the drama as it unfolded. I really enjoyed the ending. I hope there is another book so I can read more of Amelia's journey with her destiny. 
Finding her soul-mate and finding out more about her past is just the beginning.
I look forward to reading more from Ashley.

Here is a link to enter a contest to win a signed autograph book: Contest ends June 1st!
http://www.ashleystoyanoff.com/contest_details.html

To find out more about Ashley Storyanoff

http://www.ashleystoyanoff.com/

https://www.facebook.com/AshleyStoyanoffTheSoulsMark

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5890982.Ashley_Stoyanoff

2 comments: