"I do not just want to read books; I want to climb inside them and live there." -Anonymous

October 24, 2012

Haunted Week - Ghosts of Books Half-Read ~ Day One

{This Girl Reads}
Five books I have never finished

Today is Wednesday October 24th, and it is the first day of Haunted Week!!

I do have to say that I do plan on finishing a few of these books. I have stopped reading because of time or because I was in the mood to read a different genre.
Books are like food for me. I love to devour them. Sometimes I just have a craving for something else. For example, I love cookie dough ice cream but I really want a  pumpkin pie blizzard instead.

Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese - I checked this book out from the library and I did not have time to finish. My mother was visiting and I had to return it. I have not been back to the library since. I do plan on finishing this book.


A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire#1) by George R.R.Martin - I was given books 1 thru 4 as a Christmas gift. (they were on my on my I want list) I did begin to read it and did not finish it because I promised a few authors I would read their book and post a review. I do plan to read it.


Into the Wild by Erin Hunter - I downloaded this book for free to my nook. I told a student of mine I would read this. I started to read at the end of the summer. It just did not catch my interest. I still might read it in the future.





Tributary (Riverof Time, 3.2) by Lisa Tawn Bergren - I really enjoyed the books before this one. I tried reading it. I just could not stay interested in it. I do not know if I will pick this book back up again.




When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity #1) by Alexandra Ivy - I do want to finish this book. It was highly reccommneded to me. For some reason the story line is just moving to slow for me. I have tried a few times to pick it up, but then I stop and start reading something else. I think I just need to start from the beginning and give it a fresh start.






No comments:

Post a Comment