"I do not just want to read books; I want to climb inside them and live there." -Anonymous

October 28, 2012

Haunted Week - Back from the Grave ~ Day 4

{This Girl Reads}
(I am a day late with this post, I am still going through the unpacking stage and I am overwhelmed)
Here are several books I dug up from my past.

Caution : I was born in 1967 :P

Looking back to what I have read...I have to admit, I was not much of a reader as I am now.
I decided I want to share the books that I can remember as far back as First grade.
These books sparked my interest and stayed in my memories.



#1 - Richard Scarry's - What Do People Do All Day? 




#2 - Richard Scarry's - Best Word Book Ever!



Richard Scarry

“I'm not interested in creating a book that is read once and then placed on the shelf and forgotten. I am very happy when people have worn out my books, or that they're held together by Scotch tape.”


― Richard Scarry

Richard Scarry's books are the earliest books I remember and love. I still read them to my preschool class today.

#3 - Nancy Drew Series by Carolyn Keene, Mildred A. Wirt Benson
Love a good mystery! I enjoyed reading these books when I was in 5th and 6th grade.


#4 - A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle
A book  I absolutely loves and it introduced me to Madeleine L'Engle's other books, such as her well known book A Wrinkle in Time.   This book also became my daughters favorite.

#5 The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
On of the most memorable books I read in school.  I now have discussions at school with my older children in our after-school care program, who have read it. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, the Nancy Drew series! My mom had a set of the books and I read through them when I was younger. (: Glad we have something in common! (:

    ReplyDelete